The Southern Consortium Sixth Form is a successful sixth form provider which aims to ensure that all students fulfil their academic potential.
To achieve this aim we have an ethos of support, encouragement and challenge.
Support, encouragement and challenge means that students have to adhere to policies and procedures that lead to high A’ level and Vocational level 3 grades, with progression to University, and for some students, on to Apprenticeships.
Please find outlined below the processes that are currently in place to ensure the continued success of all our sixth form students.
- Key assessments (known as VIMA) under examination conditions, marked and graded using exam board criteria, each half term
- Each student is provided with a Minimum Expected Progress Grade at the start of the course. This establishes clear expectations for all regarding the expected academic achievement at the end of year 12 and year 13
- Participation in a range of external Aspiration programmes
- An Academic Mentor at each school site
- Study Skills course by Tim Foot
- Participation in the Enhance Programme
- Excellent resources and facilities to aid excellent teaching and learning
- Form Tutors and a Sixth Form Management team to guide and support students to achieve academic success